New year, fresh start, sustainable resolutions.
New Year’s resolutions don’t have to be hard, in fact some of the easiest resolutions could have the largest impact on the health of our planet. As you know, we are huge proponents of sustainability and living a more eco conscious lifestyle; so, if you are still pondering the type of goal you want to set for yourself this year, below are a few eco friendly suggestions.
- Eliminate plastic bottle purchases by carrying your own reusable water bottle.
- Ditch paper coffee cups by keeping your own reusable mug on hand.
- Bring reusable bags when you shop.
- Hang your laundry to dry.
- Cut back on paper waste.
- Reusable containers for meals and snacks.
- Use environmentally friendly cleaning products in your home.
- Opt for reusable or recycled paper products (paper towels, toilet paper, napkins etc.)
- Use reusable/rechargeable batteries.
- Upcycle or donate clothes and household items that you no longer need.
- Start a garden.
- Walk or bike, instead of driving, when possible.
- Participate in a neighborhood or beach cleanup. Can’t find one? Start your own!
- Cut down on your electricity usage by turning off lights when you aren’t in the room.
- Never rinse used cooking fats, oils, and grease down the sink.
Kitchen Disposal Practices Matter
Our Grease Hero drain guards were designed to help keep pollutants out of local environments and waterways. When cooking fats, oils and grease are rinsed down the kitchen sink drain they ultimately clog your home’s plumbing, contribute to fatbergs in city sewers and lead to dangerous sewer overflows.
Grease Hero is designed to be placed into the top of your kitchen sink drain, so you can quickly and easily pour used cooking fats, oils and grease into it and then promptly dispose of it. It’s designed with recyclable materials to absorb the oil and grease waste and can be thrown out with your regular garbage. See Grease Hero in action on our YouTube channel. This one easy change in your kitchen cleaning routine will save you money from costly plumbing repairs, the city from expensive sewer damage, and our environment from deadly contamination.
Turn Your Good Intentions into Good Habits
Having a positive impact on the health of our planet doesn’t have to be overly time consuming, expensive, or challenging. By committing to small acts done regularly, you will have a positive impact on this beautiful place we call home.
Join our mission to save the environment. We aim to promote environmental, social and economic benefit, all while prioritizing the environment over our product life cycles… from the initial manufacture using recycled materials until final disposal.
Follow us on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, TikTok, LinkedIn and YouTube.